TRU LUV was founded by Phill Young in 2013
– A growing community of music lovers, we aim to share and promote the artists we love in as many ways possible.
– We focus on new and emerging artists, with the intention to support them as their career develops
– We believe in artistic idealism and integrity above all else.
– We believe in unique content, not copy & pasting from other blogs.
– We have no desire to claim “firsties” and don’t understand why a track in no longer relevant after a few days.
– We don’t do live reviews. we advise you to read the blog before emailing, it saves us both time…
– We only cover the artists we love: apologies if this is not you, it’s nothing personal.
– We are not confined by genre or location but we love to support Manchester based artists
– We’re always looking for new and committed writers (that don’t need spoonfeeding)
– An experienced DIY promoter, Phill books with his heart not his head. his bank balance reflects this.
– Worked with notable promoters including Underachievers Please Try Harder, Now Wave and Hey Manchester!
– Past involvement with festivals such as Sounds From The Other City (Salford), The Great Escape (Brighton) In The City, Postcards From (Manchester) and Stag & Dagger (LDN)
– Created Loomer Agency with friends Dave Bassinder and Matthew Britton, gaining valuable experience in booking and mgmt. represented artists including Patterns, Ghost Outfit, Milk Maid, This Many Boyfriends, The Longcut.
– A long-term project, initially concentrating on digital releases
– Limited and exclusive downloads, available via the Tru Luv bandcamp
– We are building a platform for new artists to gain much needed exposure. each release will be accompanied by a full press campaign.
– We will only work with people that believe in our vision.